Tuesday 9 December 2014

BODY SHOP TEA TREE OIL REVIEW

Tea tree oil is an extract from a plant native to Australia. Tea tree oil was used as a topical treatment by the Aboriginal people for centuries.

Why do people take tea tree oil?

Tea tree oil has been used traditionally as a topical antiseptic and antifungal treatment. One study found that tea tree oil worked as well as 5% benzoyl peroxide in controlling the symptoms of acne. It appears to be effective with toenail fungus and possibly athlete's foot. Studies of tea tree oil for other conditions such as gum disease, vaginal infections, and dandruff have been inconclusive.
Tea tree oil has been proposed as a topical treatment for herpes labalis (the common cold sore), but it does not appear to be effective. Laboratory studies have shown that tea tree oil was effective against MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus), a type of staph infection that's resistant to many antibiotics. Although these studies are promising, more research needs to be done.
I was looking for something that contained 100% tea tree oil but eventually only this product was available at only 15% tea tree oil :(
And the price was just really way too expensive for such a tiny bottle and to be honest, I don't think it's worth it.

The first day I used it, it didn't really have much of an effect except it reduced redness a little. It didn't really help at all.

And as I continued using it for a couple of days, I've noticed tiny bumps starting to form and cystic acne a little, which I never usually get on a usual basis unless it's my time of the month.

So I'm going to discontinue using it since I'm really suspicous that it's this product that's causing my skin to act this way and I'll be using it if I want to reduce redness, other than that, this product is totally useless and just don't buy this at all. It'll probably save your money as well because this was such a waste :(

No comments:

Post a Comment